- Lebron James Signs with the Knicks?
As a die hard and life long fan of the New York Knicks there is nothing I would like more than for Lebron James to sign with the Knicks this summer. I can see the back page of the Daily News now…. “The King of New York Has Arrived.”
Unfortunately, the likelihood of King James signing with the Knick is slim to none. Sure the fan side of me says “It’s New York; he will be the man if he wins it all in New York.” The reasonable side of me says “It’s not going to happen.”
So why wouldn’t Bron Bron sign a deal with the Knicks………
1. He’s from Ohio – I don’t buy into the media crap that states he’s not from Cleveland so it won’t factor into his decision. WTF!
2. The McMansion – Lebron paid a ton of money and spent 5 years building a palace in Akron that he’s not going to live in? Seems to me the guy is getting settled for good.
3. Hated in your home state – Lebron is Ohio. I don’t think for a minute that he won’t think about what it would be like to come “home” in another uniform.
4. The Cavs are trying to win – Mo Williams, SHAQ and now Jamison. Seems to me that the Cavs are trying their best to get the players Lebron needs to win a championship.
The Knicks have a ton of cap space and the ability to get some great players next season and the season after that. It saddens me to know that Lebron won’t be one of them but it won’t stop the media from going nuts until he resigns with the Cavs. The back page in the summer of 2010 will read “Lebron Stays with the Cavs.”
Johnny Damon is an Idiot!
Calling Johhny Damon an idiot isn’t really saying much as you should know that Johhny Damon referred to himself as an idiot for quite some time. However, what makes me call Damon an idiot is the fact the he is no longer playing baseball for the New York Yankees.
It’s no secret the Yankees had a major decision to make when it came to bringing back Johnny Damon. The obvious is that both Damon and the Yankees were far better off being together than apart. A lefty hitter with power to right field in the home of the short porch who is adept on dealing with the media scrutiny that comes with playing for the Yankees.
Unfortunately at the end of the day it all came down to money. Damon didn’t want to take a pay cut from the $13 million a year he was being paid whereas the Yankees did not want to continue to pay that price for an aging player. Yes the Yankees were playing Damon $13 million a year but that was when Damon was a 32 year old starting center fielder with a weak arm. Damon is now a 36 year aging left fielder with an even weaker arm than before.
The Yankees offered him 2 years at $7 million per year for two years, a more than reasonable offer. Damon declined and went on to sign a 1 year deal at $8 million with the Detroit Tigers. Damon could have been playing for another ring knowing that he was guaranteed a second year.
Johnny Damon you’re an idiot! You cost yourself a guaranteed $6 million dollars a year becuase you let your agent talk you into thinking you were worth more. You’ve made over $100 million as a professional and instead of playing to defend a world championship and possibly watch Mr. Yankee himself, Derek Jeter get his 3,000 hits you can rot in Detroit. IDIOT!!!